Welp I’m a avid DNF (Do Not Finish)-er. I seriously drop books like its going out of style if they don’t hold my attention or the writing style is terrible. Good news is I haven’t DNF a lot of books this year so I’ll make a half list. The other half will be other things I wish would quit happening (aka people to stop doing or I should stop doing.)
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick – The whole plot of this just made me want to bash my head into a wall. I really enjoyed the first book though which is a shame.
Chasing Luck by Brinda Berry – Moving way to slow. Also weird interactions/pacing of dialogue. I couldn’t figure out if I liked the MC and that’s a major problem.
Whatever Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dressen – Very slow, nothing happened by the halfway mark and I just got bored. I want to try and finish this someday.
The Homecoming Masquerade by Spencer Baum- Vampire Homecoming dance stuff. Yea. Didn’t last long.
Now for 5 things I want to quit happening or quit myself.
1. I want to stop stressing about reading ARCs. When I get them I feel like I have to drop everything to read/review it and it stresses me out since I get emails weekly about being approved/to apply for/offering to send me a book. I love all books but seriously, I’ll get to it when I get to it. No more ARCs until I finish my current reads.
2. I want authors to stop trying to reinvent their extremely popular series that have been out forever and the series has ended. I’m looking at you Stephenie Meyer and E. L. James. But J.K. Rowling can keep making new books until the cows come home. Double standard I know. Sorry not sorry.
3. I want to stop getting headaches if I read too long. Seriously its annoying when all I want to do is power read a book but my brain is all “Mmmm yea how about nope.”
4. I want the movie industry to stop making the last book/movie in a series a double feature. I understand if there is a lot going on in a series like HP and I guess Hunger Games (idk never finished the series…) but every single movie? Come on! I haven’t seen the Twilight movies but I’m told there was no need for it to be a double feature.
5. I want books to stop being so gosh darn expensive (this is a fruitless complaint I know) because I want to buy ALL THE BOOKS. Thankfully places like BookOutlet exist but still, books are super expensive nowadays.
That’s it for this Top Ten Tuesday. I could probably come up with a million things I want to stop happening or quit myself but that would defeat the purpose of only being a “ten” list so I’ll wait till next time.