Title & Author: Corrupt by Penelope Douglas
Genre: New Adult- Contemporary, Thriller
Release Date: November 17th 2015
Series: Devils Night #1
Publisher: Self Published
I was told that dreams were our heart’s desires. My nightmares, however, became my obsession.
His name is Michael Crist.
My boyfriend’s older brother is like that scary movie that you peek through your hand to watch. He is handsome, strong, and completely terrifying. The star of his college’s basketball team and now gone pro, he’s more concerned with the dirt on his shoe than me.
But I noticed him.
I saw him. I heard him. The things that he did, and the deeds that he hid…For years, I bit my nails, unable to look away.
Now, I’ve graduated high school and moved on to college, but I haven’t stopped watching Michael. He’s bad, and the dirt I’ve seen isn’t content to stay in my head anymore.
Because he’s finally noticed me.
Her name is Erika Fane, but everyone calls her Rika.
My brother’s girlfriend grew up hanging around my house and is always at our dinner table. She looks down when I enter a room and stills when I am close. I can always feel the fear rolling off of her, and while I haven’t had her body, I know that I have her mind. That’s all I really want anyway.
Until my brother leaves for the military, and I find Rika alone at college.
In my city.
The opportunity is too good to be true as well as the timing. Because you see, three years ago she put a few of my high school friends in prison, and now they’re out.
We’ve waited. We’ve been patient. And now every last one of her nightmares will come true.
I really screwed up in not writing this sooner as now all the witty sarcastic things I wanted to say about this book are long gone and all I’m left with is the need to read this book again. It is SO GOOD. for those of you that like thrillers/suspenseful movies and books this is for you. The new adult elements are steamy to the max. Sauna steamy. It’s just that good.
- You all know I don’t give spoilers away so I’m left with very little to say since this book is like a plot twist after plot twist. Let me list a few things I enjoyed instead.
- This book will make your heart pound and senses come alive.
- All the characters are smoldering hot and the four horsemen are right out of jail so pent up frustration is at its max.
- Erika is super feisty and I instantly loved her.
- This book has kinks.
- A good portion of this book (the past parts) take place on Halloween.
- This book has kinks.
- The main characters are called The Four Horsemen.
- One girl four guys.
- Scary as hell at some points.
- This book has KINKS.
- All the characters are deeply flawed and I loved that.
- Standalone book.
Ok so I could make a list a mile long but you get the idea. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes New Adult and suspenseful reads.